Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7th Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Corinthians 8-They were incredibly happy, though desperately poor.
2 Kings 20-21-I've lived to please you; lived for your approval.
Nahum 2-Get yourselves together, get ready for the big battle.
Joshua 1.1-18-So be strong and brave!
---
My dogs do seem to be incredibly happy. They don't possess a thing yet they live a life of ease. Everything is provided for them. Their response is to live to please me and my family. They live for our approval. Even when they do something "bad"--I don't think it is so much out of spite - but more out of instinct. Here, they freely play with one another. A big battle over a sock--strong and brave they battle. I'm not so different from these dogs. God provides for all my needs. I don't deserve a thing. Yet I sin and turn from God. Anger God. And God still takes care of me and leads me to be strong and brave for him. I live to please God and seek his approval. So in one respect I say "Ruff!" to all that. Thanks be to God!
---
God, you are mighty and glorious - I praise you now and forever. -- Amen

No comments: