Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Corinthians 1.1-2.4-He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.
2 Kings 14-Let's have it out face to face!
Micah 4.1-5.1-But when all is said and done, GOD's Temple on the mountain, Firmly fixed, will dominate all mountains towering above surrounding hills. People will stream to it and many nations set out for it...
Numbers 35.1-15, 30-34-I, the LORD, live among you...
---
Pine cones in a pine tree. A couple paired together. Some seem to be alone. Others scattered on the ground. They remind me of how Jesus is alongside of me. There through the hard times. Doesn't leave me when it gets tough. Stays with me instead of abandoning me. He knows how it is and is compassionate and loving and not selfish with his own well-being. He teaches me how to be with others through their hard times. How to sacrifice life for another. How to sacrifice love for another. How to even sacrifice communication for another. But he always comes face to face with the issues. Never indirect. I come to Jesus face to face with sin. And Jesus comes face to face with me with love and forgiveness. So obvious. Never through another or around about. Direct communication. No doubt about it...Jesus lives among me. In the pain and through the joy. And when it's all said and done I look forward to walking up that mountainside to his Temple...to that cross which he has left behind and looking up and seeing his glory above everything. But I have a notion that when I get there...I will find him by my side all along. Face to face.
---
Jesus, be with me this day, face to face...let me see you in the face of others and give me the compassion and love to stay with my friends through the hard times...to rejoice in the joyful times...and to constantly offer our thanks and praise to you. --- Amen

No comments: