Saturday, August 26, 2006

August 26th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 6.60-71-The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don't make anything happen.
1 Chronicles 25-26-The guards stood shoulder to shoulder...
Zechariah 11-It's dog-eat-dog, survival of the fittest, and the devil take the hindmost.
Ephesians 6.10-20-Finally, let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong...And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm.
---
A Friday evening in Columbus-High School Football. I love this time of year. I love to watch football. Especially High School and College. Why??- I think it is because of the emotion openly displayed. All emotions from anger to happy to sad. Maybe the battle and the struggle. The injury- the winning and the defeat. All emotion - full emotion with spirit. I think that's the message for today too. My faith life needs to be full of emotion and without a doubt full of Spirit. I can't make anything happen with my sheer muscle and willpower. I must depend on the Spirit to give me life. I can stand shoulder to shoulder with the other guards and tackles on the line. We can have all the muscle in the world but without spirit we are weak as mice. But with Spirit in my life I am willing to do anything. I have life. I can risk it all. I can go full strength, dog-eat-dog, survival of the fittest. But I will only be amongst the fittest if I have the Spirit. The Spirit that lets the mighty strength of God make me strong. And with this Spirit ---when the battle is over--I will be standing firm in the strength of the Lord. I like High School Football on Friday evenings. I love the Spirit of strength given to me in life. With this Spirit I will stand strong. Thanks be to God!
---
Father, fill me with you Spirit that I may boldly play this game you have put me in. -- Amen

No comments: