Friday, August 25, 2006

August 25th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 6.25-59-I am the Bread--living Bread!--who came down out of heaven. Anyone who eats this Bread will live--and forever!
1 Chronicles 24- They served in this appointed...
Zechariah 10-They'll keep the story alive in their children, and they will come back.
Joshua 24.1-2a, 14-18-Yes, we will worship and obey the LORD, because the LORD is our God.
---
A worn out tire. Gave it's life for me. Traveled near and far. All along the way giving itself up and wearing itself out for my safety. God sent Jesus to travel for me. Gave himself up. Wore himself out to forgive my sin. To make sure I had life. Jesus came down from heaven. The Living Bread---not just some manna---but Living Bread. Giving himself for me so that I could live forever. Jesus did what God appointed him to do in service. I too will serve God. I too will give myself freely and joyfully to God. To serve, worship and obey God. Because I know he is God. I too will tell the story of the Bread from heaven to my children. I too will return to God as God comes to me in Jesus. Worn out, but happy to give life and love.
---
Jesus, I give my life to you. Use me to serve you and those you send me to this day. ---Amen

No comments: