Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God

John 5.19-47-These scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you...
1 Chronicle 20.1-22.1- I have sinned badly for what I have just done, substituting statistics for trust; forgive my sin--I've been really stupid.
Zechariah 8-From now on, you're the good-news people.
Psalm 34.15-22- The LORD saves the lives of his servants. Run to him for protection...
---
The back side of a stop sign, bathed in the on-coming light of the sun. The opposite side of a message bathed in light. God is like this. Turning things around. Changing things. Changing my attitude. When I'm down and out and in doubt, he comes in, many times the opposite way of the message I expect and changes things and bathes me in the Light of his Son. Shows me how he redeems me and warms me with salvation. When I sin and depend on my own judgment--don't seek his guidance- act really stupid- God bathes me in his light and comes in from the opposite direction and forgives my sin. In this "opposite" message, I am changed and am now, from now on, a good-news person. I tell others of the good news. Of the backside of the Message. I will run to God for protection, now, knowing that God saves the lives of his servants. From the backside of the Message. Yep, there he is--the Message is all about him, and there he stands before me. Even if I do look at the backside.
---
Lord, speak to me this day-let me see and hear and feel your messages today and serve you in your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: