Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 3.1-21-Anyone who trusts in him is acquainted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it.
1 Chronicles 12-Here are the statistics on the battle-seasoned warriors...
Zechariah 2-Quiet, everyone! Shh! Silence before GOD. Something's afoot in his holy house. He's on the move!
Psalm 34.9-14-Honor the LORD!
---
A spot on a tree that identifies where a cut had been made. A branch removed. Perhaps a wild branch. Perhaps a branch that was just in the way. A wound on the tree in any case. But the tree survived this wound. The tree had to trust the person caring for it that it would survive. The tree had no choice. I must trust in God to trim my life as he sees fit. I must trust God and become acquainted with him. If I refuse to trust in him, I surely will die. I can't do anything for myself. I'm like that tree. In God's trimming; I become battle-seasoned. Better in the end to withstand some pain. Better in the end to grow in height and strength. I must trust in God's wisdom here. And in this trust I honor God. I give myself over to him knowing that I exist to please him. I will trust. I feel the wind of the Spirit blowing through my branches in this trust. Quiet, everyone! Shh! Silence before GOD. Something's afoot in his holy house. He's on the move! Trust in God!
---
Jesus, trim me as you see fit this day- I trust in your wisdom- Move the wind of your Spirit through me into your kingdom this day. Be on the move. ---Amen

No comments: