Wednesday, August 16, 2006

August 16th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 2- This act in Cana of Galilee was the first sign Jesus gave, the first glimpse of his glory. And his disciples believed in him.
1 Chronicles 10-11-David made a covenant with then in the presence of GOD at Hebron.
Zechariah 1-I looked up and was surprised by another vision...
Psalm 45.10-15-Wearing the finest garments...
---
A clover. A common little flower. Overlooked. Sometimes we kill it to eliminate it from the grass. Honeybees move back and forth over it. Produce a life giving food from it's richness. A simple clover. In the simple of life Jesus bursts into his ministry. In the request of his mother. Jars filled with common water change into the best wine of the feast. Something fabulous from something simple. God becomes a man in Jesus. Bursts into his ministry through a common wedding celebration. A promise fulfilled. David makes a covenant in the presence of God. A promise--an agreement. I make agreements and promises to God too. But sometimes I fail and break that covenant. God saves me from my break in relationship through the common. God becomes a common man like myself and bursts into my world in the form of Jesus. Jesus coming in the common flesh to the common flesh. Bursting into my common world. I look up and am surprised by the Common. Common yet extraordinarily fabulous all at the same time. My Savior wearing the finest garments in my surprised vision of Jesus hanging from the cross taking on my sin and broken covenant and giving his life for mine. A common little flower in a fabulous and glorious common world. Jesus my Savior. Thanks be to God!
---
Jesus, thank you for all you have done for me-- common as I am-- I praise you in all your glory! ---Amen

No comments: