Tuesday, August 22, 2006

August 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God

John 5.1-18-Get up, take your bedroll and start walking.
1 Chronicles 18-19-And GOD will do whatever he sees needs doing!
Zechariah 7-You're interested in religion, I'm interested in people.
Psalm 12-Our LORD, you are true to your promises, and your word is like silver heated seven times in a fiery furnace.
---
Phoebe, our chocolate lab. Sarah took this picture while she was still home. I think Phoebe stole Sarah's heart and became her friend. So I put this picture in for Sarah. Since she is away. I can tell Phoebe misses Sarah too. But at some point life goes on. Sarah continues her education and Phoebe continues to grow as a puppy into adulthood. Each taking up and starting to walk in their own way. I am always walking along in life and growing too. That must be why we are called "Child of God"-- In the same way we are always children. Always learning the greatness of God. Always discovering something new. Always getting into trouble and needing discipline and direction and forgiveness. God looks at me as his child and does whatever he sees needs doing. God is interested in people---I suppose precious dogs too. He isn't interested in religion. He knows I will fail. But that's why he sent Jesus. True to all his promises, Jesus took on the heat of my sin and is precious -- way more precious than refined and pure silver. Jesus took the heat for me and as a Child of God, I will be eternally thankful. Growth, learning and moving forward --for "Children of God" and for puppies too.
---
Father, teach me this day- send me to your school and make me rich in the people skills of love and compassion---Just like Jesus. ---Amen

No comments: