Thursday, August 03, 2006

August 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Corinthians 2.5-3.18-My counsel now is to pour on the love.
2 Kings 15-16-He did well in the eyes of GOD, following in the footsteps of this father...
Micah 5.2-15-From you will come the leader who will shepherd-rule...
Psalm 78.23-29-God gave his people all they wanted...
---
A neighborhood street. A peaceful street. Not even traffic. A place to pour on the love; in the neighborhood. With neighbors, pour on the love. A sidewalk and a street. A path to follow. A way to walk. Walk in the ways of the faithful. If your father, then your father, if your mother then your mother, but especially walk in the ways of Jesus. What would Jesus look like on this sidewalk? Can I picture Jesus walking? I think Jesus has walked this sidewalk, and driven this street. Jesus in my neighbor...Jesus in those I meet. He would walk these streets like a shepherd. Leading me to do and be like him. To pour on the love. And Jesus would give me all I need. And he does. Jesus feeds the body and the soul through the bread and wine...through his body and blood. In the neighborhood...every day...day after day.
---
Jesus, let me take a walk this day with you...show me your ways...show me your love...I want to pour out your love on all I meet this day and introduce you as my friend and Savior. --- Amen

No comments: