Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 13.21-38-"Really? You'll lay down your life for me? the truth is that before the rooster crows, you'll deny me three times."
2 Chronicles 19-And GOD be with you as you do your best.
Psalm 78.38-55-Then he led his people out like sheep...
Mark 7.24-37-Open up! At once the man could hear, and he had no more trouble talking clearly.
---
A buckeye-- Last night was a Big game with Texas. I love to watch college football. I can sit an watch the game and scream and shout even when the only ones home are the dogs. And they get involved too! Jumping on me when I get excited over some play in the game. Sometimes I know I should be this excited about Jesus. Like Peter was in the first passage. But Jesus sets Peter straight. Peter claims he would die for Jesus. But this isn't about Peter dying for Jesus...it's about Jesus dying for all of us. Peter instead of dying for Jesus will deny him first. But then...but then...after Jesus gives his life for all people...then...we respond by our willingness to die to ourselves for Jesus. So I will die for Jesus. Not exactly like the way Peter thought to begin with ... but because of what Jesus has done for me ... I die to myself and my life is in Jesus now. And only then is God with me as I do my best. My best is not the way I earn "points" with God but my best is my response to what God has already done for me in Jesus. Then God will lead me like a sheep. Show me how to serve. Open up a new life for me that makes it all clear and wonderful...even in the struggle...because the perspective has all together changed. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, open up my ears, my eyes, may all to you this day. Lead me---Amen

No comments: