Saturday, September 02, 2006

September 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God



John 9.24-41-They threw him out on the street.
2 Chronicles 7-Yes! God is good! His love never quits!
Malachi 4-Count on it: The day is coming, raging like a forest fire.
James 1.17-27-You must help needy orphans and widows and not let this world make you evil.
---
So, I suppose you could say I have invaded Abes home. Even though I am the one paying for it, Abe thinks it?s his. And he is right. I?m just a visitor here. So every once in a while, Abe jumps up into the spot he normally sees me sit and takes my place. I have to have some compassion for Abe though. You see, they threw him out on the street. Abe came from an animal shelter. Abe was homeless. But Abe has been taken care of. Yes! God is good! His love never quits. Sarah searched for a canine companion carefully and she selected Abe. You must help needy orphans like Abe and she did. I?m not so sure Abe is so different from myself. God sent Jesus to search me out of the Gentiles. To rescue me from my lost life of sin and death. And Jesus gave me life and love. Yes! Even for me?especially for me?God is good! His love never quits! So I can relate to Abe and will gladly give up my seat to him ?at least from time to time. And together, Abe and I will look forward to that day that is coming when our Savior will return in glory to rescue us once and for all.
---
Jesus, I look to that day?but for now I know that you have already saved and rescued me and have a job for me to do in your Kingdom. --- Amen

No comments: