Saturday, September 23, 2006

September 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God

1 John 1-God is light, pure light; there's not a trace of darkness in him.
2 Chronicles 34-Josiah was eight years old when he became king...He behaved well before GOD.
Psalm 89.19-37-His family tree is here for good...
James 3.13-4.3, 7-8a-But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
---
Taking a break on a journey. After a days work of packing, loading, and carrying furniture and boxes onto a truck. Then a drive. A time to stop and refresh on the way. Stopping at can bring some time to reunite. To talk. To retrace the day and look forward to this path of life God sets each one of us in. A path that is unique for each one of us but also inter-connected with other unique lives as well. God has connected my life with Jesus. Through others in my family, through friends, through his Word and through his Spirit moving in this world each day. God is light, pure light; there's not a trace of darkness in him. In my inter-connectedness with God I can see that I have some sin of darkness in me. But I look to his Light to lead me back to truth and salvation. I look to his Light for wisdom that is pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Qualities I move into my life in response to the love God has shown me in forgiveness and the inter-connectedness of Life. From my youth to my old age I see how Jesus is part of my family. In my family, in those dear friends I love and hold. Jesus part of me and I want to be part of him too. Taking a break on a journey. But tomorrow...tomorrow...refreshed and alive, I'll be ready to move on in Life with my Lord and Savior...wherever and however that road takes me.
---
Lord---As I travel, keep me and my family safe in your care. ---Amen

No comments: