Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 9th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 13.1-20-Not only my feet, then, Wash my hands! Wash my head!
2 Chronicles 18-But before you do anything, ask GOD for guidance.
Psalm 78.21-37-But GOD helped them anyway...
James 2.1-17-Faith that doesn't lead us to do good deeds is all alone and dead!
---
This is a picture of a female PAT kicker who came forward to volunteer to kick for the local High School football team the Middletown Middies. I can't really make out the player in this picture. I think she is engulfed by the coach on the field giving her a pat on the helmet after a successful PAT. God is looking for people to step forward and meet needs too. People who see a need, realize the gifts they have been given, and come forward to return those gifts to God and the church. Do we do this? Some do but many people seem to want to be begged to use the gifts that they were freely given in the first place. Who do we think we are? Is this about us? I don't think so. Jesus showed us by washing the feet of his disciples how we are to act. If I can wash feet...if God gives me the ability to wash feet...then wash some feet. Do something for someone else without being asked. Without recognition. Just return the gifts God has freely given to me in the first place. I didn't deserve the gifts, talents, or blessings of God. I didn't earn them. I couldn't earn them. I could never do enough to earn them. God just gives them. So too, I must freely give all back to God. Ask God to lead and guide me in life. Ask God to direct me in the situations I am placed. After all God was helpful to all of us anyway...in spite of how I really am...God is helpful. If I really have faith then I will acknowledge the gifts and blessings given to me by God and do something about it and give it back to those God chooses for me to love. Without being asked. I will do this out of the joy of my heart for what God has already done for me. And in all this, I might be surprised by who God chooses for me to love. You never know who may teach all of us about God's good gifts and blessings. Maybe even a female PAT kicker.
---
Lord, you are good and bless me with so much. I thank you and offer all you have given me back to you in thanks and glory. Show me where to serve this day. ---Amen

No comments: