Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September 13th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 15.1-16.4a-"You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil."
2 Chronicles 23-Everybody celebrated the event. And the city was safe and undisturbed...
Psalm 80-Smile your blessing smile: That will be our salvation.
Psalm 116.1-9-I love you, LORD! You answered my prayers. You paid attention to me, and so I will pray to you as long as I live.
---
This is the gym I go to each day to exercise. Exercise keeps my diabetes under control along with the diet and medication. Part of a plan laid out for me by people who are way smarter than I am. People who God has given the gifts of looking at a disease and charting a course of action to help other people like me. People God placed in my life. Even though it was needed because of a disease, God changes it into a positive thing and blesses me with people....dieticians, physicians, therapists and just people with some good advice. Jesus came to me in the same way. Jesus chose me and put me here so that I would bear fruit for him. In the Chronicles passage the young king was finally brought to power. A young king who had been in hiding and protected for years from the evil rule of the day. Someday Jesus will return and set it all straight in a much grander way than God did in Chronicles. Jesus will return laughing with a smile---his blessing smile, that will be our salvation. Changing things all around again---from disease to blessing- from sin and death to life and love and salvation. I love you Jesus! I will pray to you as long as I live--you turn it all around, upside down and inside out and that makes me smile and laugh too!
---
Jesus, I anticipate your return- but for now, I'll bear the fruit you have given me to bear. ---Amen

No comments: