Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 11th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 14.1-14-No one gets to the Father apart from me.
2 Chronicles 20.1-21.1-You hold all power and might in your fist...
Psalm 78.56-72-His good heart made him a good shepherd; he guided the people wisely and well.
Judges 17.1-13-I pray the LORD will bless you...
---
The Luther Rose. One of my favorite symbols of the faith. The colors in this rose aren't exactly correct but all the meaning is present. I like how the Cross is the center of everything. And in this one, how the light makes this symbol glow. Even on a cloudy day- the cross comes alive. Jesus told us that no one gets to the Father apart from me. And in that cross Jesus granted all of us permission to believe and be saved by Jesus' action of love. In this cross is all the power. For Jesus the power and might was actually in his fist. In the pain he bore for me comes all the power and might needed. Through the cross and the heart of the Good Shepherd 0thers like you and me follow. Having Jesus and that cross centered in our heart of faith we can lead and guide others wisely and through love. And in all this I pray for God to bless you. And through this cross...without a doubt...we are blessed!
---
Lord, center your heart in my faith and surround it with your love. -- Amen

No comments: