Monday, September 25, 2006

September 25th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 John 3-Who knows how we'll end up! What we know is that when Christ is openly revealed, we'll see him--and in seeing him, become like him.
2 Chronicles 36-He burned the Temple of God to the ground, knocked down the wall of Jerusalem, and set fire to all the buildings--everything valuable was burned up.
Psalm 90- Are we no more to you than a wispy dream, no more than a blade of grass that springs up gloriously with the rising sun and is cut down without a second thought?
Daniel 10.10-14; 12.1-3-Everyone who has been wise will shine as bright as the sky above, and everyone who has led others to please God will shine like the stars.
---
So here I am taking all the dogs for a long walk. Works out my legs and arms too! Oh, how squirrels can cause such a commotion. I enjoy my walks with the dogs. I enjoy walks period. But I especially enjoy walks with others present with me. It's a good time to talk about some real life issues and some just "other" things as well. A good time to show love to each other. A good time just to be together. Even if it is the dogs--there joy is evident and very present. When I walk, I also talk with God. See him in my surroundings. Feel his presence in me, and around me. Feel the cold, the wet, the hot. In all this I feel alive and feel the Life of God present. Run before God the events of the day, my emotions, things that have made me happy or sad, questions I have and revel in the wonder of creation all around. I have no idea how I'll end up. But I do know that my Savior will return in a glorious way. I love to look at the sky and "see" that day. Think of it and how great it will be. Think of the day when the "Temple" will be restored and all will be made right again. Think of the light -- the pure Light and oh how it will shine. There will be no need for the sun. When I think of all this -- I stop and feel how small I am-- how I could easily be forgotten-- forgotten as a wispy dream. And some choose to forget me as a wispy dream. No more than a blade of grass--here today and gone tomorrow. But to God-that ain't so. I am his child and he won't forget. Such grand thoughts-- the universe-- then some dogs -- then me. Whew! How great a walk can be! Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, walk with me this day-- talk with me and join me in all I do. ---Amen

No comments: