Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September 19th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 19.16b-42-They divided up my clothes among them and threw dice for my coat.
2 Chronicles 30-Clasp GOD's outstretched hand.
Psalm 86-You've always been great toward me--what love!
Psalm 119.33-40-Take away my foolish desires, and let me find life by walking with you.
---
This is an area that takes the water overflow from a parking lot and lets the run off accumulate in case of a large downpour. Allows a small pond to form and gives time for the water to run off without degrading the soil. A place that gives time for an abundance of water to leave. Jesus came into this world and left many accounts and stories of his presence. Stories that allow time for many people to come to believe in him. To have time to be saved by him. Time to reach out to God's outstretched, nailed hand and have salvation. Time to realize how great God has been toward us and what a great love God has shown for each one of us. Time for me to put away my foolish desires and find life as Jesus walks through my life with me. Time for me to realize my sin and selfish desires to gamble for my Saviors clothing and time to realize that I can't clothe myself with salvation. Only through Jesus' blood can I receive his mantle of salvation. Through the Bible God has given the great gift of time and restoration to a fallen people. As the waters of your Church gather today, I thank God for time.
---
Father, let me use this wonderful gift of time wisely today and follow the path you walk with me today. ---Amen

No comments: