Thursday, September 14, 2006

September 14th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 16.4b-33-When I see you again, you'll be full of joy, and it will be a joy no one can rob from you.
2 Chronicles 24-You can't live this way! If you walk out on GOD, he'll walk out on you.
Psalm 81-I got you out of a bad place.
1 Corinthians 1.18-24- The message about the cross doesn't make any sense to lost people. But for those of us who are being saved, it is God's power at work.
---
Boy does Abe do it right! He came in from playing in the mud. Rolling in the mud. My sin leaves me like Abe. All dirty and filthy. But Jesus cleans me up white as snow. When I'm muddy and sinful, I think of what Jesus told his disciples. When I see you again, you'll be full of joy, and it will be a joy no one can rob from you. I'll be clean --I need to understand, I can't live in sin like this. When I live in this kind of sin, I am walking away from God. And if I choose to walk out on God then I'm lost. So God rescues be from a bad place. Just like he did the Israelites of the Old Testament. God rescues me from my sin. Dies on a cross for my sin. Doesn't make any sense does it? But for the ones like me and Abe who are being saved, it is God's power at work.
---
Lord, clean me up and return me to work in your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: