Sunday, September 17, 2006

September 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 18-19-38a-"My kingdom." said Jesus, "doesn't consist of what you see around you. If it did, my followers would fight so that I wouldn't be handed over to the Jews. But I'm not that kind of king, not the world's kind of king."
2 Chronicles 27-28-Jothan died and was buried in the City of David. His son Ahaz became the next king.
Psalm 84-And how blessed are those in whom you live, whose lives become roads you travel; They wind through lonesome valleys, come upon brooks, discover cool springs and pools brimming with rain! God-traveled, these roads curve up the mountain, and at the last turn--Zion! God in full view!
Mark 8.27-38-If any of you want to be my followers. you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross and follow me. If you want to save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me and for the good news, you will save it. What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself? What could you give to get back your soul?
---
A view from my front door of the world outside. The kingdom of this world. A view from my world inside the house to the world outside of my house. God created this world and all that exists but Jesus came to be King not of this world, or at least not of this world alone. Jesus is King of life. All life. Life that exists in this world and in other worlds that I cannot even begin to imagine. Jesus is King of Life beyond this world, what we see and hear, and King of the Life of our bodies and our souls. A different kind of King. A King over all. Jotham was a king in this world. He lived and died. His rule ended and his son ruled after him. Jesus is King of Life throughout all time. The One--the Only. Yea, Jesus has a different view of his Kingdom than what view you see in my picture of the world outside my door. But what about the here and now for me? Jesus, invites me to live in this part of his Kingdom, here and now. Jesus invites me to live and play in this Kingdom of his where I can see and hear. Jesus invites me to give myself to him. Give my life to him so that I can live in his real Kingdom. But for the here and now...Jesus will live in me...Jesus will work through me...Jesus will use my life to travel with me in this Kingdom for the good news to be spoken to all...Jesus has saved us all...but will you give your life to him? Will you let it happen? I will! I will give my life in love for Jesus. I will give my life in love and tell the good news to those I can see and hear in this Kingdom outside my door. I know that Jesus is King over a greater Kingdom than the world I see outside my front door and will give my life to God in response to what he has already done for me. Jesus, my King. In this Kingdom I see outside my door and to my King in the Kingdoms I cannot see! Praise Jesus, my King! As Jesus stands at my door inviting me out to play in this Kingdom of his...I respond...Mom! I'm going out to play today! See you at supper! And my King will be at that Supper too this evening in His Kingdom!
---
Lord, I'll play today in your Kingdom. I believe! -- Amen

No comments: