Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September 3rd through 5th Daily Word and Visions from God


September 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God

John 10.1-21-The Good Shepherd puts the sheep before himself, sacrifices himself if necessary.
2 Chronicles 8-All that Solomon set out to do, from the groundbreaking of The Temple of GOD to its finish, was now complete.
Psalm 73-GOD, I?m telling the world what you do!
Mark 7.1-15, 21-23-Pay attention and try to understand what I mean.
---
So, another picture in my Abe series for Sarah while she is hospitalized. I have found a good companion in Abe during my stay in Hickory. We have been on many walks together. Both of us enjoying the exercise and the scenery. Each of us were doing something for each other in a common bond of a walk. Jesus walks with us also. Jesus the Good Shepherd who puts the sheep before himself. Jesus walking with us is willing to sacrifice himself. I must be willing to sacrifice myself in love for others also. Take care of the other persons needs. Take care of the other person even if it involves some sacrifice of myself. I?m willing to do this out of love. Out of love for what Love God has shown me in Jesus. It?s a privilege and joy to sacrifice in this way. It?s a joy to sacrifice in this way and to get an opportunity to tell the world the Love of God. The ultimate Sacrifice that has been made for all of us. Pay attention and try to understand what I mean. I don?t sacrifice myself to gain some favor with another---I sacrifice myself as a reflection of the Great Sacrifice the God has freely given me. I?m telling the world what God does! So in some small way Abe and I are showing love for one another and showing a small glimpse of the Love that God has put inside each one of us.
---
Jesus, thanks for your sacrifice of Love for me---may I reflect a small bit of your Love in sacrifice for another child this day. -- Amen

September 4th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 10.22-42-Many believed in him then and there.
2 Chronicles 9-King Solomon was richer and wiser than all the kings of the earth?he surpassed them all.
Psalm 74-You own the day, you own the night; you put stars and sun in place.
Judges 12.1-7-The guards would tell them to say "Shibboleth," because they knew that the people of Ephraim could say "Sibboleth," but not "Shibboleth."
---
Abe, getting his first bath by Sarah. He seemed to do pretty good with it. The bath energized Abe, caused him to run about the apartment, shaking and jumping everywhere. My baptism does the same for me. When I relive my baptism each day, I realize the life I have been given. I can run and jump and shake all over the place. I reaffirm my belief in Jesus then and there. I become wiser and richer than Solomon and all the kings of the earth. I see and feel the gifts from God of life, love and everlasting joy, from the God who owns the day and the night. From the God who put the stars and the sun in place. In baptism much of God begins, even the special language of his Love which is the same today and forever. Abe was excited after his bath, may I be even more excited as I relive my baptism this day.
---
Lord, thanks for my baptism and the memories it brings- as I relive that moment this day I will jump and run and play in your Kingdom. ? Amen

September 5th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 11.1-27-"You don?t have to wait for the End. I am, right now, Resurrection and Life. The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live. And everyone who lives believing in me does not ultimately die at all. Do you believe this?"
2 Chronicles 10-11-What?s your counsel?
Psalm 75-We thank you, God, we thank you?your Name is our favorite word; your mighty works are all we talk about.
Judges 13.1-15-A prophet who looked like and angel of God came and talked to me.
---
Sarah is now out of the hospital since Sunday. She has been back to school and feeling much better. Things are getting back to normal now. Abe has been my constant companion the past week. I appreciate the love he has shown. The time he has spent listening to my fears and praying with me. Then I also know that Jesus has been with me in this journey also. I know that I don?t have to wait for the End. Jesus is my I AM right now. Jesus is my Resurrection and Life. And I believe in him. That?s my counselor through all this on the way. The Kings of old asked for counsel. Some received counsel from other "men" and it was errant. I got a listening ear from Abe and counsel from Jesus. I think I?ll stick with that counsel. So I thank God and talk about all God has done for me. This time around I have to wonder, was Abe an angel sent to comfort me while I was alone? Was Abe an angel sent to entertain all of us as Sarah came home? Was Abe sent as an angel? Maybe so. Thanks Abe. As I get ready to leave Sarah to her college studies once again; I ask Abe to be an angel to Sarah ? to protect her and watch over her- to comfort her and to point her to the great Guide and Savior Jesus in the upcoming days, weeks, and months. Thanks be to God for the blessing of Abe. How about one last walk before I leave Abe? You wanna go for a walk?
---
Lord, I give you thanks this day for angels sent to me in whatever form they take. I give you thanks for my true companion Mister Abraham. --- Amen

No comments: