Friday, September 01, 2006

August 30th to September 1st Daily Word and Visions from God


August 30th Daily Word and Visions from God


John 8.21-47-I?m in touch with what is beyond your horizons. You live in terms of what you see and touch. I?m living on other terms.
2 Chronicles 2.17-5.1-He made the Holy of Holies a cube?
Malachi 1.1-2.9-GOD said, "I love you."
Judges 7.1-18-Then wait for me to blow a signal on my trumpet. As soon as you hear it, blow your trumpets and shout, "Fight for the LORD!?"


Clouds in the sky. Reminds me of a computer wallpaper or something. It also makes me think of the blue background of the Luther Rose. The sky is only the beginning of the joy to come in God?s grace and love he has given to us through Jesus. Jesus told the people that he was in touch with what was beyond their horizons. I live in terms of what I can touch and see. But Jesus lives on other terms. Jesus lives beyond my comprehension. I can?t figure God out. I wonder if that?s not why in the old temple they built the Holy of Holies as a cube. It was a way for God to allow himself to be present with the people in a way they could understand. In a cube?in a place of space. But God is really beyond space and time. Even beyond the clouds. God says -?I love you. And in this love it goes beyond any love I can understand in space and time. So I trust in this Love of God?trusting in faith and hope ? standing in awe of a God who is beyond my horizons- beyond the sky- beyond my understanding- yet gives me joy beyond my surroundings of the blue sky?I will wait for that trumpet?but in the meantime I will use all my senses?shout about my Savior Jesus- and Fight for the Lord!
Father, I give you thanks for your love?I love you too! -- Amen


August 31st Daily Word and Visions from God

John 8.48-59-Who do you think you are?
2 Chronicles 5.2-14-Yes! God is good! His loyal love goes on forever!
Malachi 2.10-16-Aren?t we all created by the same God?
Psalm 15-Who may stay in God?s temple or live on the holy mountain of the LORD?
---
So I drove through the night to Hickory. From around midnight until 8:30 am. Sarah had returned to the hospital and someone needed to be there. She also had a new family member in waiting at her apartment. His name is Abe. Having only seen pictures of Abe, I wasn?t sure if he would accept me. Would he be afraid of me? Would he be protective? Would he bite? Well, Abe looks bigger in pictures than he is in person. Abe is just a little friendly dog. Rescued from the animal shelter just a few days ago by Sarah. Sarah and Abe both away from home on a journey together. Abe greeted me as if I was a long lost friend. I think maybe being in a cage all night and wanting a walk didn?t hurt things either. I wonder if Abe was thinking?Who do you think you are? ?when I walked in. Jesus came into this world and people thought the same thing about him. And in the same way as my arrival-Jesus came to help. To care for us. To love us and to save us. God sent to me Jesus, to rescue me. Yes! God is good! His love goes on forever! I give thanks for Jesus being sent into my life. To let me out of this cage of sin and death that I live in. To free me to run and play and jump in his Kingdom. Jesus came in the night for me to give me a new morning. Who may stay in God?s temple or live on the holy mountain of the Lord? Thanks be to God through Jesus life and death, I now can. And maybe Abe can too. At least, I think so. Aren?t we all created by the same God?
---
Jesus, I thank you for coming through the night to release me from this cage I?m in. You are God and I need a walk! I will tell all of your gracious love. ---Amen

September 1st Daily Word and Visions from God

John 9.1-23-You?re looking for someone to blame.
2 Chronicles 6-For you know each life from the inside?
Malachi 2.17-3.18-Begin by being honest?
Deuteronomy 4.1-2, 6-9-We have a God who is close to us and answers our prayers.
---
After visiting Sarah in the hospital, she asked for more pictures of Abe. So here he is. Doing something he shouldn?t be doing. Sarah has many sheep of varying sorts throughout her apartment. Abe thinks they are toys so he gets them to play with. This particular sheep seems to be one of his favorites. I have caught Abe with this sheep several times, scolded him and put the sheep away. I have moved this one sheep to different places but Abe seems to find it every time. I wonder, does Abe even know he is doing something wrong? Does Abe even know what doing something wrong is? Is Abe acting out of instinct? Is Abe being spiteful to me? I?m really not sure. I have caught him going after this sheep and he seems to be a little hesitant on his approach. Like maybe he knows he shouldn?t be playing with this sheep but wants to anyway. As I reflect, I think of how much Abe and I have in common. That?s how I am with God?s Law. I know something is wrong?I hesitate- then I go ahead and do it anyway. Later I?m caught or the guilt overtakes me and I turn back to God or God comes to me and gets in my face with my sin. I recognize my sin and smell the stench of it. Will I ever learn? Will I always be looking for someone to blame? Sometimes I really can?t answer that question. But I do know my God who knows my life from the inside. God knows what I deal with. God is close to me and answers my prayers. So I turn to God by being honest. I tell God of my sin and ask for his help. I know I depend on God to help me with my sin. And God forgives me?turns me free once again to run and jump and play in his Kingdom. In joy for all God does for me. So, Abe, even though you look like you are really enjoying that sheep, I?ll put it away once again, and scold you and forgive you and set you free to run and jump and play once again. Abe, you wanna go for a walk? How about chase the tennis ball? How about both!
---
Lord, thank you for showing me my sin?thank you for scolding me?thank you for setting me free and forgiving me. I wanna go for a walk with you today and play in your Kingdom?can we? Can we? Can we? ---Amen

No comments: