Monday, September 18, 2006

September 18th Daily Word and Visions from God

John 18.38b-19.16a-The high priests answered, "We have no king except Ceasar."
2 Chronicles 29-In GOD's opinion he was a good king; he kept to the standards of his ancestor David.
Psalm 85-See how close his salvation is to those who fear him?
Ezekiel 2.8-3.11-Listen carefully to everything I say and then think about it.
---
A tape measure. A Heavy Duty tape measure. Designed to take some punishment and hard use. According to the high priests, Jesus didn't measure up to the standards they expected of a king. But any tape measure takes interpretation. Who decides what the measurement is? Some kings are good according to God. Other kings are good according to "man." I think I will look to God's measurements. I know that I can never measure up by my standards. I will always fall short. But through Jesus and only through Jesus can I begin to measure up. I must be forgiven of my sinfulness. My selfish desires. My own failed standard of measurement and place all I have in the forgiveness granted by Jesus through his suffering, death and resurrection for my sin. I must fear my God and place all my trust and hope in the measurement of this action by Jesus for me and see how close his salvation is. Listen carefully to God's gracious action and then think about his saving grace. That's the only way I can measure up. Through Jesus. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I give you thanks for your means of measurement---Your grace--- Your love---and for my Savior, Jesus---Amen

No comments: