Friday, December 10, 2004

December 10th reflections

Friday 12/10/2004
Ephesians 5.21-33 - Honor Christ and put others first - Husbands be willing to give your life for your wife just as Jesus did for you - Wives be willing to put your husband first just as Jesus did for you
Ezekiel 16 - God compares Jerusalem to a baby born that was not taken care of - God took care of the baby - washed it - cared for it - raised the baby and gave it everything it needed -- then when the baby girl turned into a woman - she abandoned God and gave sex to all kinds of men - left God behind and did shameful acts -- but God will restore this relationship and let the woman realize her sin -- and care for her once again -- that̢۪s like I am and how the Israelites were with God - God gives everything needed in life - but sometimes I turn from God and do the wrong things - I need to be forgiven and turn around - Give God the thanks and glory for everything and live a life of gratitude to God for all the blessings and needs that he provides for me.
Isaiah 45 - God called Cyrus - God will have Cyrus save and release the Jews from the Babylonians and allow the exiles to return and rebuild - God alone can save - God alone is God!
Decorate your life and heart with the love of Christ - cry out to the world from this decorated heart for peace and comfort to those in need - prepare your heart now and turn around to the love of God- hurry!
I pray that the devil, the world, and my sinful self will not draw me into sin.
Isaiah 35.1-10 - God will come and save you - then there will be great joy! - and I will walk that peaceful glorious path with close friends and a multitude of saints singing and living with God forever
John 19.31-37 - When Jesus was crucified none of his bones were broken - but they pieced his side to make sure he was already dead - blood and water came out - wash me with that life saving blood and water!- for that blood and water came at great cost - Thanks be to God!
Psalm 18.106, 16-24 - I love you God - You are worthy to be praised - God saves me
Prayer - Today - help me to place others first - to love them like you love me - to turn around from my own selfishness - from my own idols and gods and make you my god - you are the creator - you made me - you are to be honored and praised above all thing - thank you for blessing me with all I need - friends, family, food, work, health and most of all the opportunity to serve you in your kingdom. Thanks for your life saving blood and water - wash me clean this day and send me out to do your will in your world. I love you. --- Amen

No comments: