Saturday, December 11, 2004

December 11th reflections

Saturday 12/11/2004
Ephesians 6 - Children obey your parents - parents teach your children and instruct them about God - work as though you are working for God not man - use everything God has given you to defend yourself against the devil’s tricks - never stop praying - keep praying for God’s people
Ezekiel 17 - God has Ezekiel tell a story about an eagle a cedar tree and a grapevine to tell how Jerusalem will be captured and the people will be in exile -- but there is hope in the end of survival - only with God’s help though
Isaiah 46 - God created me - he carries me and will keep me safe - God is God
Decorate your life and heart with the love of Christ - cry out to the world from this decorated heart for peace and comfort to those in need - prepare your heart now and turn around to the love of God- hurry!
At the last take me from this world to yourself in heaven -- a quote from Luther when he thought he was about to die -- “I am like ripe stool, and the world is like a gigantic anus, and so we’re about to let go of each other.� -- he tells it like it is - I wanna go to heaven! God saves me!
James 5.7-10 - Be patient until the coming of the Lord - don’t grumble against each other
Genesis 3.1-7 - Adam and Eve - were selfish - they wanted to be like God - they sinned - I do the same - but I have to remember - who created me - God is God - only God can save me
Psalm 25.1-10 - Trust in God - teach me your paths - teach me - for you are the God of my salvation - for you I wait - forgive my sin - all God’s paths are steadfast love and faithfulness
Prayer - Yea - I know it - I sin - please forgive my sin - give me the patience I need to wait on you - I’m here for something - so use me to serve in your kingdom - someday - someday - I know you have saved me and will take me to heaven - but not right now - for now you have a path you want me to follow - you are teaching me a path of love and faithfulness- so instead I wanna walk-run-skip-dance and sing my way along your path. This path has many blessings - blessings of friends-service-praise and joy in love to you forever. Sometimes the path seems rough -- but the rough parts make the smooth downhill parts seem so nice and easy -- you take care of me and lead me up and down your path and give me tons of blessings along the way - so when I feel like the turd and it feels like the world is one big butt hole - let me see the glory of your salvation and love along the way- Thanks be to God! --- Amen

No comments: