Thursday, December 16, 2004

December 16th reflections

Thursday 12/16/2004
Philippians 3 - Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. - All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him - I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life
Ezekiel 23 - Ooo -sex- A story about a couple of prostitutes - they represent Samaria and Jerusalem - they had sex with everybody else - no shame and out if front of all - - especially with the Assyrian lovers and the Babylonians -- they took up the gods of the men they had sex with - the older sister Oholibah had sex so many times with the Babylonians that she got disgusted with them - God punishes her for leaving him by leaving her with the Babylonians - Ezekiel is to tell the women of their evil ways - worshiping idols - God will get rid of Oholah and Oholibah for worshiping idols and turning away from God.
Isaiah 51 - Abraham was the rock from which I was chipped -- faith - God will come to save and to rule all nations - everyone will die - but God’s victory will last - his saving power never ends - his saving power will never end - Wake up! - Do something - be strong and ready
Jesus is important - through Jesus love and grace I have something important to do - show the world Jesus acts of love, grace, healing, compassion and salvation.
Drown my sinful self - I repent - daily - let a new person arise so that I may live with you forever
Psalm 80.1-7, 17-19 - Listen to my cry - save me God! - let your face shine, what I may be saved - give me life and restore me
Haggai 2.1-9 - My spirit abides among you - do not fear- God will shake this place up - he will fill me with splendor
Psalm 28 - I call to you God - please listen to me - I need your help - God is my strength and shield
Prayer - It’s wonderful knowing you Lord- it’s wonderful seeing you in my world - seeing you in friends and family - seeing you in creation - seeing you at work - seeing you in the actions of others - see you in all sorts of ways - in the unexpected - seeing-hearing-smelling-touching and feeling your presence. As I cry out to you today - save me - save me from myself - save me from my sin - save me and rescue me and lead me and guide me - give me the “kind� words to say - guide me away from those words that hurt - point it out to me - for I come today to you repenting and asking that my sinful self be drowned away and that you would let a new person go out today that I may live with you forever -- shake me up - shake me up through the words of friends - shake me up and point out the stench of my sin - shake me up and show me a changed way to follow - I need your help and trust in your guidance. --- Amen

No comments: