Friday, December 03, 2004

December 3rd reflections

Friday 12/3/2004
Galatians 6 - Do your own work well - don’t compare yourself with others - don’t follow selfish desires - help people whenever possible
Ezekiel 2-3 - God told Ezekiel to stand up and listen - God encouraged Ezekiel for his tough job ahead with Israel and had him eat a scroll- it tasted sweet as honey - but the words in it were filled with sadness, mourning and grief - the message Ezekiel had to give would be a tough one to Israel. The people won’t listen to the message - then the vision ended - whoa-- Ezekiel had a calling now! -- Next is peculiar - Ezekiel is bound to his house and struck with dumbness for some time - till the fall of Jerusalem is indicated - it’s odd here - but maybe he wrote during this time - not sure
Psalm 149 - Shout praises to God!
I want to go up the mountain of God - learn - see- believe
Us and Our Father -- you love so many!
Isaiah 11.1-10 - Some day the earth will be full of the knowledge of God -- I wonder if it already is and we just can’t see it all - I think so
Zephaniah 3.9-20 - God is in my midst - fear no more- be bold but humble - he will renew me in his love
Psalm 62 - God is my rock and salvation
Prayer - Lord - lead me today - help me to the best job I can - help me to work as though I’m working for you not “man� -- help me to serve those I work with - to let them see the glory of service - for I thank you for the service gift of your son - a carpenter - born in a wooden pet feeding box - died on a wooden cross - a carpenter throughout - but oh so special - Thanks be to God! --- Amen

No comments: