Wednesday, December 22, 2004

December 22 Reflection

Wednesday 12/22/2004
Luke 1.1-25 - Make a careful study -- then tell the story of how God is in your life - A couple old people about to have kids again - What’s up with that?- Again?- The angel appeared to Zechariah at the right side of the altar -- detail? -right side? - God heard Zechariah’s prayer -- he is giving him a son - I wonder if Zechariah prayed for this when he was younger -- and this is just God’s time - I wonder if Zechariah wondered - why now?-not now! - I’m old? - Well I guess he didn’t believe it- so God shut Zechariah up - but Elisabeth did get pregnant - Zechariah new what a powerful baby he was going to have and couldn’t tell people - must have been frustrating
Ezekiel 33 - If God shows you sin -take the warning and turn around - God likes to see people turn from sin - he doesn’t want to see them die for their sins- stop sinning and turn back to God- God will forgive sin -- so don’t start sinning - but always turn from sin- you can see how the Land was so important to the promise- the people in exile are separated from the land God promised years ago - they are separated because of their sin from the earthly element - the land -- just as we are separated from God when we sin -- but the earthly element-�water� is combined with a promise in our baptism and we are given life -- so if the Jews turn from their sin -- the earthly element - the “land� will be combined with the promise of God and they also will be saved from sin and exile - interesting
Isaiah 57 - As faithful - I may be dragged off and killed - but in death I will find peace for obeying God - sin will make a fool of me - don’t reject God - worship only God - God can be a smart ass too! -- “Ask your idols to save you when you are in trouble. Be careful though- it takes only a faint breath to blow them over.� - I like that! - God knows how I am -- but he will hear, lead, and comfort me until I start singing His praises
Do not be afraid - Beware but be comforted - God is about to turn everything upside down - But- Do not be afraid
If you forgive sins - they are forgiven
Psalm 96 - Sing a new song to God - tell of his salvation from day to day -- everyday!
Hebrews 4.9-16 - the word of God is living and active - let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace in the time of need.
Psalm 45 - My heart overflows with a goodly theme
Prayer- Lord, sometimes I’m speechless-- when I see what you have done - I can’t understand the why of it all - why bother with my sinful self -- why not wad me up and throw it away -- then I see what you have done through Jesus -- a love beyond my understanding -- but there it is -- in my face - up close- I can’t avoid it -- I can’t understand it -- but I can accept it - I can believe in it - I can repent - You choose to forgive me - You choose to save me - You choose to love me -- You choose to care -- So all I can say is gee thanks! -- Thanks a whole bunch -- no words are good enough - but thanks anyway -- how can I help? -lead me to serve you to day - let me work in your kingdom today -- show me how to love and comfort others - let me tell the story of you in my life -- hear my songs of praise and thanks to you. ---Amen

No comments: