Wednesday, December 08, 2004

December 8th Reflection

Wednesday 12/8/2004
Ephesians 4.17-32 - Let the Spirit change your way of thinking and make you into a new person - I was created to be like God - so I must please him and be holy - stop lying and start telling each other the truth - don’t get angry cause it will make you sin - stop the dirty talk - say the right thing at the right time to help others - stop being bitter, angry and mad at others - don’t be rude -- but be kind and merciful and forgive others just as God forgave me.
Ezekiel 12-13 - God told Ezekiel to pack a few things -go outside before dark and walk around so all can see him - go back in the house - leave later in the evening- dig a hole in the wall of his house and crawl through it - take the bag and cover his face so he can’t see the land he is leaving- do this while everyone is watching -- the people didn’t get it - so God sent Ezekiel back to explain that their ruler will leave Jerusalem just like this - carrying his own bag and not looking back at the land he is leaving - he will be led away to Babylon - the rest of the people will starve and die of disease --then God told Ezekiel to shake with fear when he eats -- tell everyone in Jerusalem that they will shake when they eat and their country will be destroyed -- then God comes down hard with judgment on false prophets
Isaiah 43 - God calls me by name and is with me -- when I cross deep rivers he is with me and won’t let me drown - when I walk through fire I won’t be burned - God saves me - God loves me - I don’t need to be afraid cause God is with me - he created me to bring honor to him - God wants me to know him, trust him and know that he alone is God
Decorate your life and heart with the love of Christ - cry out to the world from this decorated heart for peace and comfort to those in need - prepare your heart now and turn around to the love of God- hurry!
God provides for everyone even if they are not deserving -- I thank God for all he has given me.
Isaiah 7.1-9 - I must stand firm in faith or I won’t stand at all
Revelation 19.11-21 - Jesus will come again in glory -- come to me today!
Psalm 35.1-10 - Defend me God!
Prayer - Lord - you give sound advice - I need to change my way of thinking - be kind -merciful- forgive others - be truthful- forgive my sin and turn me around. Lead me out of my darkness into your light. Give the your knowledge and understanding -- guide my steps this day - help me with all the decisions I need to make - take all fear from my heart and let me be bold in your name - for I trust in you - You are all I need - you provide all my daily bread and I give you thanks -- help me to stand firm in my faith and see the hope of your glorious return -- but for today - be with me and stand by me I pray. --- Amen

No comments: