Tuesday, December 21, 2004

December 21st Reflections

Tuesday 12/21/2004
Colossians 3.18-4.18 - Wives put husbands first - husbands love wives and don’t abuse her - children obey parents - Parents don’t be too hard on the kids - Do your work willingly as if your are serving God not man - Never give up praying - when you pray keep alert and thankful - look for the answers - God will make a way for us to spread his message and explain the mystery of Christ - comfort each other - greet each other - pray that God will be kind to us
Ezekiel 31-32 - Learn from the story of the tree representing Egypt - The tree grew strong and was protections for other nations - it was a magnificent tree - but once the tree took credit for it’s own strength - and didn’t realize that it’s strength came from God- once the tree began to be proud and think that it made itself this way - it died just like every other tree- We can’t make ourselves God - God is God - God gives us everything -- remember the tree -- don’t be proud - honor God when it’s all good - God is God! - God makes the tree beautiful and strong -- the tree doesn’t do this to itself
Isaiah 56 - Be honest and fair - God will save me - Foreigners will follow God and love and worship him - God will bring them to the holy mountain - God will let the Chosen join with others - Ahhhh- the commentary talks about eunuchs whose private parts had been crushed- Ouch!!! -- but God will not exclude them
Do not be afraid - Beware but be comforted - God is about to turn everything upside down - But- Do not be afraid
God forgives the sins of those who repent
John 14.1-7 - Don’t let your heart be troubled - Believe in God - Believe in Jesus - Jesus will take care of us and has a great room prepared for us - Where he is I will be - where I am - Jesus will be - Jesus is the way and the truth and the life
John 20.24-29 - Jesus is alive and real and here and now- open the eyes of your heart -- see him- touch him- feel him- smell him- taste him -- drink it all in
Psalm 66 - Say to God - How awesome are your deeds - Sing praises to God - God will hear my prayer- his love is steadfast
Prayer - Lord forgive me when I’m proud - forgive me when I think I’m so great -forgive me when I think that I can take care of myself and my world - cause I can’t - I am yours - this is your world - but I know you forgive and pardon - use me this day as your servant - I work for you - lead me to share the mystery of your love in Jesus - lead me to comfort others- lead me greet others and be kind to all of us - lead me to spread your message - lead me in your will this day- I hear you - don’t be troubled - believe- believe - you will take care of us - you prepare a great place for us -- you are with us -- we are with you -- and in Jesus is the way and the truth and the life -- show me your way -- show me your truth -- give me life -- only in you may I have life - for only in your salvation am I safe -- how awesome can that be! -- I will sing praises -- hear my prayer this day -- for I find comfort in your everlasting steadfast love. --- Amen

No comments: