Sunday, December 26, 2004

December 26th Reflections

Sunday 12/26/2004
Luke 2.21-52 - I want to be a dove or a pigeon - sacrifice my life to God for Jesus - I feel like I can sing with Simeon - “lord, I an your servant, and now I can die in peace, with my own eyes I have seen what you have done to save your people� - Jesus will be a sign- then Anna - another servant - night and day she served God and prayed - as a child Jesus was so innocent -- he went to the temple just like nothing else was going on-- today we would be afraid our child was lost - but Jesus wasn’t lost - he was right where he felt comfortable - he knew God would take care of him
Ezekiel 38-39 - It seems to me that God’s rescue of Israel is so much like how He treats me and how I treat him -- I sin - I turn from God -- this causes me to walk in darkness and in exile -- but God brings me back to safety -- he has saved me from my sin and defeated my enemy of sin for me through the sacrifice of his Son in that battle of sin -- just like the enemy nations of Israel - God saved them - showed the world how great God is -- God showed the world how great and powerful he is through his son Jesus-- I must turn from my sin and be led out of my own darkness and exile and follow Jesus back to God -- where he will show the world what a great act he has done.
Isaiah 61 - The Spirit of the LORD God has taken control of me! -- The LORD has chosen and sent me to tell the oppressed the good news- comfort those who mourn - heal the brokenhearted- rebuild - for I am blessed by God - celebrate and shout because of God’s salvation - he has made you beautiful
Do not be afraid - Beware but be comforted - God is about to turn everything upside down - But- Do not be afraid
Through the “in’s and out’s� of gift shopping this season- awaken me to the gift of God to me in Jesus- in me- that I may run out and share the joy of this gift which is for all people
I a poor sinner, confess before God that I am guilty of many sins. I repent of all these sins and pray for mercy. I promise to do better with God’s help.
Acts 6.8-7.2a, 51-60 - Stephan had the Spirit with him and in him - even in persecution - then he was that vision - but it is real - Jesus standing at the throne of God - oh how that cross of death has been turned into a throne of glory - God sure does turn it all upside down and inside out
Psalm 65.1-8 - Praise God - “o you who answer prayer!� - I shall come to God - “Happy are those whom you choose and bring near to live in your courts.� - I am satisfied - God is hope- I am awed by your signs - you make the gateways of the morning and evening shout for joy
Prayer - Lord - I am your servant- you have shown me your presence and salvation - in my life - day after day I am reminded that you are God and only you can save me from the darkness of sin and death - you save me and lead me back to that great Light through your saving grace in Jesus - take control of me - choose me - pick me and show me all to tell of your great and mighty grace - let me tell others of how Jesus has saved me and saves them - let me be a martyr for you let me be that dove or pigeon for the sacrifice given to Jesus - I give my life to you in service, praise and thanksgiving -- it’s so easy - yet it may not be pleasant - but look at what you have done! - It’s upside down and inside out - but it all makes me happy. Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: