Sunday, December 19, 2004

December 19th Reflections

Sunday 12/19/2004
Colossians 1.24-2.19 - I’m glad to suffer for someone else - that in my own body I can continue the suffering of Christ for his body, the church - it’s nice to begin to understand - even a little the mystery of Christ - he live in people - and Jesus is our hope for sharing in God’s glory - yea - it will still be a struggle - let’s join our hearts together in love - we will be blessed and know Jesus that way - all wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Jesus - Don’t be fooled by fancy talk - accept Jesus as Lord and follow him - let Jesus be the foundation for your life - be strong in faith and grateful - when I was baptized it was the same as being buried with Jesus - then I was raised to life because of faith in Jesus- Jesus makes me alive because he forgives my sin - he nailed my sin to the cross - Jesus is real! - don’t brag about seeing visions - don’t fill my mind with selfish desires - don’t don’t don’t -- but still if your reverse it there is allot of good advice.-it’s not like the Law don’ts but more like because Jesus has freed us -- these are things we won’t want to do because they would lead us back to the confinements of the Law -- we are free to love now and to serve!

Ezekiel 27-28 - I like how God sends messages - here he warns Tyre of their defeat - with a story about a ship that represents Tyre - it’s kinda like a parable or something with a message - even if we have it made - have everything we need - we need to make sure we don’t become so slef confident that we think we don’t need God -we need God - don’t make yourself a god - God is God! - learn a lesson from Tyre - God takes care of us and gives us hope - it is only through God that we can be saved from ourselves

Isaiah 54 - Sing and shout! - Don’t be afraid, ashamed or discouraged - you won’t be disappointed - forget how sinful you have been - God is God - he will rescue you - God will take you back - He will embrace you again- He will have mercy and love your forever! - he will protect you - god will never again get angry and punish you - he will always be kind and merciful- He will rebuild you - He will make you beautiful - he will take away all worries - God will bless you with victory

Jesus is important - through Jesus love and grace I have something important to do - show the world Jesus acts of love, grace, healing, compassion and salvation.

It’s not eating and drinking the body and blood of Christ that gives me forgiveness of sins -- it’s not what I do -- but it is Jesus Words -- along with the eating and drinking - I must believe the Word -- then I have exactly what they say - forgiveness of sins - not what I do but what Christ has done for me

Matthew 1.18-25 - an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream- hmmm - don’t be afraid- Jesus will save his people from their sins- there is a message from the Holy Spirit- name him Emmanuel- “God is with us� - when Joseph woke up - he did as the angel told him-hmmm again-go-act-do

Romans 5.12-21 - Adam-sin-death-law-free gift-free gift-free gift- eternal life through Jesus - Thanks be to God!

Psalm 33.12-22 - Happy again!!! -- “Happy is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage.�-- Our heart is glad in the LORD! - Let God’s love be on us

Prayer - Lord, this Advent season - Light - Angels - Warmth- In my face- Healing - Love - Wood - Baby - Signs - Prayer - Free Gift - Salvation - God with us - Go - Act - Do - Proclaim- you send so many messages - how clear can you make it? - How loud I must yell the story of you in my life - How loud I must shout and sing praises to you - How gracious can you be? - It’s all way beyond what I can understand or feel - thank you - thank you - thank you - my face feels Son burnt! --- Amen

No comments: