Friday, December 17, 2004

December 17th reflections

Friday 12/17/2004
Philippians 4 - Dear friends, I love you and long to see you - stop arguing - always be glad because of God - be gentle to each other - don’t worry - pray about everything - have thankful hearts - keep your minds on what is true, pure, right, holy, friendly and proper
Ezekiel 24 - God likens Jerusalem to a pot boiling with water and lamb parts -- boiling dry - heating and burning the pot until even the rust is burnt away - Jerusalem is being punished for their separation from God and their intentional sin - the next part seems cruel -- God takes Ezekiel’s wife and tells Ezekiel he is not to morn - it is a lesson to the Jews that their temple will be taken from them and they won’t even mourn -- seems like an awful way to make a point - but I guess if your really-really trust God - you know your wife is taken care of - hmmm-- that one is a little hard to take
Isaiah 52 - Good news! You’re saved - sing and celebrate! - God comes to rescue you - everyone will see the saving power of God - my servant suffered until he no longer looked human-my servant will make nations worthy to worship God- yes Jesus is displayed in the OT! Over and over
Jesus is important - through Jesus love and grace I have something important to do - show the world Jesus acts of love, grace, healing, compassion and salvation.
The body- the blood - a new covenant - for the forgiveness of sin -- I will always remember!
Isaiah 7.10-16 - a sign! -- the young woman will have a child - thanks for the Sign!
Daniel 3.8-28 - So Shardrach, Meshach and Abednego were faithful to God - they would worship only God - for this they were thrown into a furnace really heated up --and a fourth person was with them in the fire -- God is with me even in the midst of the fire -- real real real close!-- in my face close! -- Thanks be to God!
Psalm 84 - Happy to live - Happy in God’s strength - Happy even when going through the valley- Happy in God my shield - Happy in God’s comfy warmth of Son- Happy is everyone who trust in God
Prayer - Lord - bless me and keep me - let your face shine upon me -- for you make me happy happy happy -- you give me friends to love like you did for Paul - you give me reasons to be glad - help me to be gentle - to pray about everything - to keep my mind on what is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper -- forgive my sine and burn that rust off this pot of mine - for in you is all the good news I need - I will praise you and sing this day - for you are God- you stay with me even in the fire - you stay close - and up close - right in my face - and you make me happy-happy-happy -- Thanks be to God! --- Amen

No comments: