Wednesday, December 15, 2004

December 15th reflection

Wednesday 12/15/2004
Philippians 2.12-30 - work with fear and trembling to discover what it really means to be saved - that thought - discovering what it means to be saved - for me is a journey - that continue to be more and more amazing the older I get -- what it means to be saved - seems to grow with age and faith -- it means more and more and more all the time -- so I guess in God’s eyes - we’re always babies in that respect - which is good - cause as faith grows - you always have that new discovery feeling going on and it’s always play time - even when you’re old and rusty -- try to shine as lights among the people of this world -- let Jesus shine through - and tell the world -- don’t be all backwards about it -- let people think what they want and don’t worry about that crap
Ezekiel 21-22 - this whole reading makes me think about how many times I’ve heard people talk about how nice God is how he would never hurt anybody and all this goody goody stuff that makes me want to puke! -- then when I read this -- I think -- hmm-- yea I would like to think God is all that way -- but really - if you get him mad -- look out -- it’s not like he doesn’t give you enough chances -- but if I deliberately choose to separate myself from God -- I don’t think he’s going to be so nice about it -- he will punish me - but I think even that punishment is more of a discipline at first - God wants me to change - to turn back to him - and sometimes I need it to be made obvious to me -- then if that works - great - thanks be to God for being the loving Father - willing to do the hard thing for his children -- but if I continue in my rebellion -- well then look out! -- I’m going to get it - because then I have become evil itself -- So - I guess my thoughts are that God is loving -- very loving - so loving he will do the hard stuff -- but not all that goody goody stuff we tend to paint God as -- lends more meaning to the phrase -- “fear and love God�
Isaiah 50 - Each morning God awakens me eager to learn his teaching - he made me willing to listen - so I refuse to give up, because I know God will never let me down
Jesus is important - through Jesus love and grace I have something important to do - show the world Jesus acts of love, grace, healing, compassion and salvation.
Trust in the Word- water by itself is only water - but with the Word - it is life-giving water
Isaiah 9.8-17 - God gets angry because God loves humans so much - God stretches his hand out -- take it!!!
Luke 12.8-12 - acknowledge Jesus - let the Spirit give you the words to say and just act and do it - quit fiddling around -- go tell others -- what’s the hold up -- hurry up!!
Psalm 32 - Be happy - God forgives you - what more do you want - Be happy! - Give up your pride - confess - repent -- you’ll end up happy - don’t be like a horse or mule -- heehaw!! -- all stubborn and stuff - turn back to God and trust in him
Prayer - Wow - your salvation is so amazing -- it becomes more meaningful by the minute - thanks for your Son -- I truly fear and love you Lord -- lead and guide me this day - give me your teaching - I’m listening - I’m trusting - I’m waiting for your Words to flow through me - you make me so happy that I don’t have to act like some ol mule - but just let you lead. I’m looking forward to what you have in store today -- Let’s play! --- Amen

No comments: