Wednesday, December 01, 2004

December 1st reflections

Wednesday 12/1/2004
Galatians 5.1-15 - Back to circumcision again - how painful - it doesn’t do them any good - God will accept me because of faith in Christ - not something I do - Paul wishes that the people upsetting the Gentiles over circumcision would get circumcised but cut off even more-I just knew Paul had it in him - a smart ass at heart!-ha!-some versions use castrate themselves - well in some sense that may be what they are doing - separating themselves - by giving into the idea that they have to be circumcised they are taking on the idea that the Law must be obeyed to be saved -- well - we can’t obey the Law - at least not all of it on our own- so we can’t save ourselves - that’s why Jesus died - to save us from the Law -- this act sets us free then to uphold the Law the best we can but not worry when we sin - no - that doesn’t mean that we ignore the Law - the Law is good in that it let’s us see our sin and the need for Jesus -- so by requiring circumcision - maybe these “trouble makers� really were castrating or separating themselves from the salvation of Jesus - cause now - to be saved they would have to do it on their own - which they can’t.
Lamentations 5 - Sometimes I finally see my sin - realize it - feel the pain - then turn back to God - realize that God is King of all time - beg God to come back to me - ask God to lead and guide me again
Psalm 147 - god will rebuild me - he will bring me home - he will renew and heal me - celebrate and sing! - God is pleased with me when I worship him and trust in his love - tell others about how great God is
Remember your stories and give thanks. Remember your stories of God’s love - way back in time - way deep in my heart - stories now present today and love deep inside.
I want to go up the mountain of God - learn - see- believe
Jesus taught me how to pray - through an example of words - through his example of action
Matthew 21.23-32 - All authority really comes from God - see His authority and not some other.
Genesis 1.1-2 - In the beginning God created - a wind from God swept over
Psalm 50.1-15 - God speaks and summons - he is not silent - and he comes - God is God - Call on God in my day of trouble - He will deliver
Prayer - Jesus - you show me my sine - you make them obvious to me - please forgive me - you also give life - even in creation - God created -breath that wind over my life - fill me with Spirit - send me out into the world to act in love - to show what you give freely - to show the power of your suffering and death - the sweetness of your death - the glory of your resurrection - the gift of life you give - the light you shine in the dark world - and how you come to all of us - lowly - humble- in a animal feed bowl - may I feed on you now and forever - for you are truly my gift of life - in the bread and in the wine. Thanks be to God for sending such a wonderful Food to my animal dish! --- Amen

No comments: