Tuesday, December 14, 2004

December 14th reflections

Tuesday 12/14/2004
Philippians 2.1-11 - Jesus encourages and loves me - The Spirit unites me with others - Live in harmony with each other - show love for each other - be united in what we think as if we were one person - give up everything and become a slave - be humble - obey God - Jesus is Lord
Ezekiel 20 - The Jews in Babylon wanted a message from God through Ezekiel - God told about the history of Israel and their rebellious nature with God -about how even now they worship other gods at shrines and continue to sacrifice their children to these gods -- They must turn around to God - God will bring them back - they will realize their sins and hate them - they will worship God as they should once again - there is hope
Isaiah 49 - God chose me and gave me a name before I was born - God makes me important - only God - I will honor God - God will honor me and make me strong - I am here as a light to people - to take Jesus saving power to the world - Trust God - God is God - God will answer my prayers - on his time he will help and save - I am chosen to make God’s promise of salvation to the people - God will take care of his people - celebrate and sing- command every mountain to join in the song - I am always in God’s thoughts -The thought that I go into exile - I separate myself from God -- but God will bring me back through the darkness to him - he places his commands within my heart just as he gives me Jesus in my heart - may I turn -look and see today!
Jesus is important - through Jesus love and grace I have something important to do - show the world Jesus acts of love, grace, healing, compassion and salvation.
Believe and be baptized - be saved - thanks be to God!
2 Peter 1.12-21 - I am eyewitness of Jesus majesty - may Jesus the morning start rise in my heart - may the day dawn on me about the love of Jesus - right there in my heart - may the Spirit of God move me to shout loudly the majesty of Jesus to me - may I shout loudly to the world what Jesus has done for me
Matthew 25.31-46 - Look for God in the needy, sick, hungry and poor of the world - He is there- serve that person - for then I will be serving God
Psalm 89.5-18 - Who can be compared to God? - God is mighty - God is powerful - God is glorious - Praise God
Prayer- Jesus you are here - yet I still wait and anticipate your re-birth - your renewal in my heart - I love this time - I love the wait - I love to feel your presence - I love you - as I wait at this time of year - may the anticipation of the celebration of your birth - be a renewal of birth in the lives of friends and family and myself - may you be born in us again - may we remember that feeling - that love - that joy and never forget it - may we come out of that dark exiled journey to a great light of salvation that only you can give to us - may we receive your gift of love and life and run out into the world like little kids on Christmas day to show each other what you have given us -- we wait - we look at the small tiny lights on the tree that shine into the darkness- we stumble along in this tiny light - knowing - just knowing - that soon there will be a great light - with so much warmth and love we won’t even need the son -- cause we will take that slow walk towards the cross together in love and slowly look up and see your glory - feel the warmth of your love and praise you forever. Thanks be to God! ---- Amen

No comments: