Saturday, February 10, 2007

February 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 7-Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.
Exodus 3-4-Then Moses said to the LORD, "Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither, recently not in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? "Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say."
Psalm 41-Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.
1 Corinthians 15.12-20-But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.
---
This is a game I played with the girls the other evening. It is a bunch of words and when you say them you have to figure out what the real meaning of the words are. What the phrase is supposed to really say. Sometimes you sound pretty ridiculous saying a commonly known phrase in some odd and peculiar way. Sometimes when I listen to God's Word and try to understand, I just don't get it. Like the chapter in Hebrews above. It goes on and on about the priests. It seems pretty complicated. But then I search and listen for God to clear it up a little. To sum it up for me just a tad. To give me the general message for the day. It may mean something completely different to me next year. But what does God want me to hear this day? Today, I hear of a priest who offered a sacrifice to end all sacrifices. A priest who is continually in the presence of God for me and for you. A priest in Jesus who gave his Life and Blood for my sin. A priest who once for all opened the presence of God directly to me and you through Him who is God in Himself. Jesus is all I need. That's the message I hear this day. How liberating a message. I can hear God's call loud and clear through Jesus. I can hear the call and be fearless to go. Knowing finally that like Moses and his worries of his speaking ability, that God gives the blessings needed to fulfill the call in life. I hear the message and God clears the cobwebs of the words and allows me to hear and see His Word. His Word made flesh. His Word in Christ, raised from the dead and alive forever with God and in God for me and for you. Blessed be the LORD God, of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen. I know that phrase and hear it loud and clear! Jesus is all I need! Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, send me out with Your Word this day to proclaim Your glory to those I meet. Loud and clear. ---Amen

No comments: