Monday, February 12, 2007

February 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 9.1-22-For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Exodus 6.28-8.32-For each one through down his staff and they turned into serpents. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs.
Proverbs 2-...make your ear attentive to wisdom, incline your heart to understanding...
2 Kings 24.18-25.21-He did evil in the sight of the LORD...
---
The suspects! I had to call in the cable guy to look at our cable. It would go in and out. He found the buried line dug up and chewed. These are the suspects! But which one? Or was it a combined activity? It could have involved one other suspect too. But that one is less likely. These two are the prime suspects! I'm sure they will be convicted of their dirty deed. I'm suspect too! I'm suspect to sin. But thanks be to God that Jesus offered his blood for my sin. I know I'm guilty. Let's not pretend. Jesus my priest went into the Holy of Holies and offered Himself for my sin as sacrifice. In life when I sin, I turn to God, repent, and ask forgiveness. Jesus died for that forgiveness. Once for all my sin. Setting me free from sin to live Life with and in Him. Pharaoh concentrated on the miracle. Some of his magicians were able to repeat some of the miracles of God. But God wants us to concentrate not on the miracle but on Him. Concentrate on what He has done. Concentrate on the Word. Concentrate on the Promise. Concentrate on Jesus. That IS the miracle. Jesus IS the miracle. Sure they all produced snakes from staffs. But only God's miracle can swallow up all the other's. Jesus swallowed up sin for you and for me. Swallowed up sin in death and resurrection to new Life in eternity. Once and for all time. The Word is the source of Wisdom and Understanding. Concentrate on the Word made flesh. Concentrate on Jesus. Sure, we all have sinned. We all have done evil in the sight of God. But God saved us once and for all time through the blood of Jesus. Concentrate of Jesus and live in Him. Today!
---
Lord, I'm yours---You are all I need---I will concentrate on You this day. ---Amen

No comments: