Thursday, February 08, 2007

February 8th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 4.14-6.12-Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.
Genesis 49-50-Paharaoh said, "go up and bury your father, as he made you swear."
Psalm 39-My hope is in You.
Jeremiah 17.5-10-"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose trust is the LORD.
A day off from school. Time to sled in the snow and have some fun. Stephanie in her Senior year will only have memories of snow days as a child soon. We all grow. We all mature. We all change day after day. We learn from the past and journey into the future. Jesus learned obedience from the things He suffered. I too will learn in suffering. In Genesis, this Pharaoh allowed the family to leave to bury their father Israel. Years later another Pharaoh will not let the Israelites leave. But as we learn and grow these people will learn through suffering. In suffering I must realize that all my hope is in God. I must place all my hope in God and trust Him. Through this trust, I grow, I learn, I mature. I will look back on the good times of snow days in childhood. But I will also look forward to my walk with God in obedience. I will revel in the joy of the mystery of the journey God has planned for me in trust and hope. So too with Stephanie in her Senior year. She too, like I am on a journey. May it always be in trust and hope of God and in obedience to His will.

Lord, as I grow, as I learn, as I change, make me obedient to You. I will trust and have all my hope in You. ---Amen

No comments: