Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February 6th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 2-For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, "I will proclaim your name to my brethren, in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."
Genesis 46.28-47.31-So they said, "You have saved our lives! Let us find favor in the sight of my lord, and we will be Pharaoh’s slaves."
Psalm 37-The steps of a man are established by the LORD, and He delights in his way.
1 Timothy 3.1-9-…but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.
---

Yesterday at the Hospital, Sarah was given this birthday cake for her birthday. The nursing staff at the Surgery Center of Miami Valley Hospital gathered around in the recovery room and sang "Happy Birthday." It was a celebration of life. God gives life. He has given my lives in plenty. Lives of family and friends. And God has given me life. His Life and mine. Jesus came in my form. Experienced my pain. Experienced my life. And Jesus gave His life to save me from my sin. Jesus the one who sanctifies. Jesus the one who sings "Happy Birthday" to each one of us and gives us the gift of a new Life. Jesus who goes before the Father with our name on His lips. As the Egyptians in the Genesis story relate their delight in Joseph giving them life from famine. Can’t I in so much more thanks and praise, delight in Jesus giving me Life? I will work for Him in His Kingdom. I will respond and believe and love God with all my Life. In my response God will direct my steps and lead me forward in the mystery of faith. It’s a wonderful response in faith to an exciting journey. So like Sarah, I too give thanks for another year of Life. I give thanks for her and sing "Happy Birthday" too with all the nurses. It’s an exciting and mysterious journey God has planned. So let’s rejoice and let’s live for Him!
---

Lord, I give you thanks for the blessing of Life---I especially praise you for the Life of Jesus and the Life He gives to all. ---Amen

No comments: