Wednesday, February 07, 2007

February 7th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 3.1-4.13-But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Genesis 48-He blessed them that day...
Psalm 38-O my God, do not be far from me!
Isaiah 8.1-15-It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy.
---
We got hit with a bunch of snow last night. So after playing a game inside with the girls it was time to get the cars off the street and shovel the drive. So I went out. Steph went out to move her car. Started it up and began to use the windshield wipers to clear the ice. I'm shoveling and yell out for her to stop that before she ruins the wipers. I then slip and fall on the drive. Sarah laughs. With my dignity bruised I get mad. The man in the picture is in the drive of the Pastor's house across the street doing a favor. He thinks I'm yelling at him. Oh how my pride and stupid anger get in the way. I tell him I wasn't yelling at him. What a comic scene this has become. So I continue to shovel. Then this kind man drives over and offers to clear my drive. Wow! How kind! What a way to encourage me in Christ. He was doing this out of kindness. Expected no pay at all. To me at this time when I needed really to be reprimanded for pride and anger, God sent an angel to help. Through this man and his story of why he started doing this God sent an unexpected but very needed blessing my way. I truly give thanks to God! When I in anger and pride seem to be far from God, I find that God is not far from me. He sees and hears my pride and anger and blesses me with kindness. How amazing this Love is! Without a doubt it is the Lord of Hosts that I should regard as holy. I think I want to help someone and be God's blessing too today. Oh, and after Steph move her car from the corner of the street onto the shoveled drive, a young man tried to negotiate the turn at the intersection and slid right into the spot that Steph's car was parked in. Blessing upon blessing.
---
Lord, lead me in Your way-use me today to bring Your blessings to someone in need. ---Amen

No comments: