Saturday, February 24, 2007

February 24th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 5.21-48-"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
Exodus 30-32-Go down at once, for your people, whom you brought up from the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves. They have quickly turned aside from the way which I commanded them.
Proverbs 14-Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is good will.
Romans 10.8b-13-The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart...that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation...for whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.
---
In the reading from Matthew Jesus puts it on the line. Tells it like it is. I am convicted of sin by the time I finish this passage. No doubt in my mind. I can't see how anyone after reading this passage, other than Jesus, could say that they abide fully and are perfect before the Father. So now what? Do I mock at the sin? Do I make excuses or offer explanations? I don't think so. But I do turn to Jesus. I know now that I need Jesus. I look to Jesus as my vision. I know now that I must strive to at least emulate Jesus to the best of my ability and then depend on Him alone to convince the Father to take me back. Convince the Father to take me as the sinner that I am and use me as I am. I suppose Jesus felt somewhat like Moses. God sent Him down to a sinful people because we have corrupted ourselves. God sent Jesus to redeem us and save us from our sin. I'm so glad for that! So glad, because I have lost all hope in myself and know that I need a Savior. I'm so glad, that I will proclaim and confess Jesus to all the world. Believe in His salvation and know that now that God has sent Jesus down, He dwells in my heart, He dwells in the Church, He dwells in this world.
A can of Raid. Even as I use this can of Raid, it reminds me of my sin. Thank God that His love is so deep that He doesn't exterminate me but sends His Son to save me and set me free. A can of Raid...makes me think. Now how do I deal with these pests?---hmmm.
---
Lord, I'm sure I'm a pest at times. I don't know why You don't give up on me. I don't know why You don't just take out the can and spray me. But You don't. You love me. Teach me to understand this Love. Teach me to understand this forgiveness. Teach me to be like Jesus. Even if it takes a lifetime. Teach me how to love, forgive and teach in this place you have set me today. Please, never give up on me. ---Amen

No comments: