Saturday, February 03, 2007

February 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 24.1-12-And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb...
Genesis 43-Oh, my lord, we indeed came down the first time to buy food, and it came about when we came to the lodging place, that we opened our sacks, and behold, each man's money was in the mouth of his sack, our money in full. So we have brought it back in our hand. We have also brought down other money in our hand to buy food; we do not know who put our money in our sacks."
Psalm 34-O taste and see that the LORD is good; how blessed is the man who take refuge in Him!
1 Corinthians 15.1-11-But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.
---
An early morning picture of Sarah at the Miami Valley Hospital Surgery waiting room. After fasting the night before we wait for a procedure. The second of several more to come. Early one morning some women came to the tomb of Jesus. Found the stone rolled away. Early in the morning sometimes things are clear and sometimes we get easily confused. What is going on? Where have they taken him? We wait. We wait and find out the good news. He is risen. So, likewise, Sarah and I wait. We wait and then see the good news. God has gifted the people of this place with blessings and talents of healing. We trust and follow them, and at the same time we trust and follow our Savior in Life. In Life risen from the dead. The hope of healing. The knowledge that all things will be made whole once again. Made whole as he recreates Life from death. No, it's not some instant cure. It takes time. His time, and not ours. But God will always be with us through His recreation. And as we journey from death to Life in God, we notice that we have been blessed with grain and money and sacks filled. Blessed with a price paid by Jesus. Like Joseph's brothers we return to God. Return in joy and thanksgiving for all He has done for us. Return with the gifts given and offer them anew to God. Return God's gifts with a new and fresh heart and soul. Out of thanksgiving for his grace. We return to God and ask, and plead that He use us in His Kingdom. Plead that we may be a part of His plan. All with grateful hearts for what He first did. For now we have tasted and seen his goodness. Yea, early in the morning, confused and tired, we see our Savior, risen from the dead, bringing Life and salvation to all the world. Bringing grace to you and to me. Certainly, early in the morning, I am what I am. A sinner and unworthy. But you redeem me and give me life. Even on this journey through the Waiting rooms of Hospital Surgery Centers, Life and it's blessings are abundant.
---
Lord, here I am---forgive me---hear my praise and thanks---send me I pray into your Kingdom to work for You. ---Amen

No comments: