Friday, February 09, 2007

February 9th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 6.13-20- For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, "I will surely bless you and I will surely multiply you." And so. having patiently waited, he obtained the promise.
Exodus 1-2-And she named him Moses, and said, "Because I drew him out of the water."
Psalm 40-Your loving kindness and Your truth will continually preserve me.
Psalm 1-But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night.
---
An icicle forming from a roof of snow. Water melting, dripping and then refreezing. As the icicle melts and drips a sheet of ice is formed on the ground. God made a promise to Abraham that he would have a child and multiply. Abraham had to wait for this to take place. Abraham had to wait for God's timing. Like the icicle has to wait for the sun to warm the snow, and has to wait for the thaw then the refreezing temperature, the icicle only forms under the correct conditions. In life, I have to wait for God to form me. For the Son to warm me. For the waters of my baptism. I wait for God to form me around my baptism and solidify my form. I wait for God to thaw me and let his love spread and leap through space to another place like the ground or the porch. For God's baptismal waters to spread to others in my life. Moses was named after water. God wants all of us to form around the waters of His gift of baptism. His loving kindness that continually preserves us. He builds us up and feeds us with His Word and grace. Then the thaw. Then the spread of His Word and His salvation through our proclamation of delight. That water takes the leap through space as we daily meditate on God's Word and Salvation. An icicle to many. But a vision from God to others. Thanks be to God for the special conditions that form an icicle. Thanks be to God for the waiting and the special conditions that form a Child of God. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, form me and solidify me today around my baptism. Daily love me, forgive me, send me to do Your will. Let my baptismal waters leap through space in faith to shed Your Water of Grace on other's lives this day through me. ---Amen

No comments: