Thursday, February 22, 2007

February 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 4-Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry.
Exodus 25-27-You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold...
Proverbs 12-Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge...
Deuteronomy 26.1-11-...and He has brought us to this place...
---
Follow me through the wilderness. Jesus seems to be calling. Calling for us to follow Him. We all have a wilderness to go into. We all have temptations to face. We all have troubles to burden. Follow me through the wilderness. Jesus was been there, led by the Spirit and tempted by the devil. He fasted the Lenten fast of forty days. He was hungry. How hungry for Jesus do I get? So hungry. In the wilderness I can look up through the trees and see the cloud. Could this cloud be that same cloud of God that existed above that mercy seat of gold years ago? Could this cloud be the very same cloud that Jesus will return on? But wait! He said, "Follow me through the wilderness." Jesus is here in the wilderness too! Jesus is here with me and hungry like I. Jesus, through the discipline of the wilderness teaches me His knowledge. The Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness. Perhaps Jesus has brought me to the place. Follow me through the wilderness. There is hope in Jesus.
---
Lord, I follow ---Amen

No comments: