Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February 27th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 7-Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Exodus 37-38-The cherubim had their wings spread upward, covering the mercy seat with their wings, with their faces toward each other; the faces of the cherubim were toward the mercy seat.
Proverbs 17-A friend loves at all times...
2 Peter 2.4-21-...for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.
---
I worked on taxes yesterday. This calculator is helpful in checking numbers. I used it to make sure the numbers made common sense to me. God grants blessings, gifts and skills to me. All to be used to glorify Him. Like the workers in the Exodus passage, God granted the skills needed to build the Ark of the covenant and everything needed in worship of God. God gave the skills to be used to His glory. Everything focuses on God. Even the cherubim who face toward the mercy seat are focusing on God. I must focus all my skills, gifts and blessings on God. Learn and listen to what He wishes for me. Learn how to love at all times like a friend should. Never abandon another but continue in love for them as we walk together using the gifts God has granted us focusing on God not ourselves. For if I am overcome by my own skills and blessings. If I become a slave to my skills and blessings I have moved in a false god and am no longer focusing on God. The calculator is an aid to the greater job. The use of the calculator must be focused on the purpose of the larger job of paying taxes. May I always focus on that Mercy Seat of my Savior Jesus and see the blood sprinkled towards it once and for all. May I always focus my gifts, skills, and blessings on Jesus.
---
Lord, forgive me when I'm haughty with the skills, blessings and gifts you have given me. Help me to keep my focus on You and that Mercy Seat on the Cross. You are God! ---Amen

No comments: