Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 13th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 9.23-10.18-And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.
Exodus 9-10-"Now therefore, please forgive my sin only this once, and make supplication to the LORD your God, that He would remove this death from me."
Proverbs 3- In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Ezra 1.1-11-...the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia...
---
This is the waiting room at the Miami Valley Hospital Surgery Center. I have now spent many hours in this room over the past month. Hours reading, waiting, praying and watching. I see Christ present here every time I come. Present in the people waiting for news of a loved one in surgery. Christ present in the nurses and doctors who come out and provide updates on one we love. I see Christ present in people I converse with. I know that Christ will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him. But I can't help but also notice His appearance here and now in the people around me. Christ present in the "least" of these. Christ present in the worry. Christ present in the love. Christ present in the conversation and consolation. Sure He will come again. There will be no need for this room at that time. All will be made complete. All pain and suffering will be gone. But for now. Christ is present still.
Pharaoh just didn't get it. He thought, it seems, that he could pick and choose which sins to have forgiven. But now I see in Christ that he forgives all the sin. I can't pick and choose which ones. Then go on and sin the sins I don't feel I need forgiven for. I need Christ forgiveness of all sin. In my imperfections, I can see clearly the glory of Christ and His act of love in forgiving all sin. In Christ resurrection, I see the hope of that day that will empty this room I'm now in and make it all complete. But for now...Christ comes into this room in love, compassion and comfort. The time isn't here yet. Not just yet.
But for now Christ stirs up the Spirit and is present. The Spirit helping to set paths straight. To guide life and to grant understanding and hope.
I see Christ presence in this room. Christ presence all over the place. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I seek to touch you---I seek your presence---Stir up my spirit---Use me this day to bring your presence to someone special. ---Amen

No comments: