Saturday, February 17, 2007

February 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

February 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

Hebrews 12-For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Exodus 16.17-So it came about at evening that the quails came up and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. when the layer of dew evaporated, behold, on the surface of the wilderness there was a fine flake-like thing, fine as the frost on the ground.

Proverbs 7.6-27-For at the window of my house I looked out through my lattice...

2 Corinthians 3.12-4.2-But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Snow on more snow. After a while it gets old. You shovel and get the drive somewhat clean then here comes some more. At first it looks nice, then it gets dirty and old. At first it is fun, then it becomes old. At first you are happy with the reflection of light, then it seems to hurt your eyes. God encourages me to look at Christ. God encourages me to see what he endured by sinners so that I won't lose heart. But sometimes I still seem to lose heart. Life gets old, life gets tough. I get tired of that same old manna day after day. I get tired of that morning blessing. What is wrong with me? My perspective has changed when I get like this. I am looking to myself. I am wanting more and more. I am focusing on myself rather than on Jesus. That's what's wrong with me. I am sinful when I'm like this and need to change. And when I finally do turn to God, seek forgiveness for my selfish viewpoint, then things drastically change. Now as I look through my lattice, I can see the blessings of God. As I focus on Jesus, I can feel the warmth of that reflected light from the snow. I can see the steadfast love and daily blessings of that heavenly dew drops that change to sweet bread of life morning after morning. As I focus on Jesus, I see my place in life as a blessing. I see how I am to serve and love His people. As I focus on Jesus, love for the lonely, and poor becomes so compassionate in me that I reach out and act in faith and love. As I focus on Jesus, I am transformed into the glory that he wants me to have. So change today, change viewpoints from my selfish grumbling focus on my needs to the viewpoint of a loving Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Focus on Jesus today!

Lord, I focus on you. Forgive me for my selfish viewpoint and change me into what you want of me. ---Amen

No comments: