Friday, February 02, 2007

February 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 23.26-56- It was about the sixth hour, and darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour, because the sun was obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in two.
Genesis 42-So he put them all together in prison for three days.
Psalm 33-For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name.
Luke 2.22-40-"Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace, according to Your word; for my eyes have seen Your salvation, which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a Light of revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of Your people Israel."
---
A row of lights in the pre-dawn darkness on a building at AK Steel. Reminds me of the darkness that must have overcome the earth at Jesus crucifixion. In that darkness the veil of the temple was torn in two. The veil to the Holy of Holies. God exposed to man. Man exposed to God. Man open to God through the darkness of death in Christ. Man open to come to God through Christ freely from now on. No need to go through the priest first. My direct access to God. God's doing, not mine. Joseph placed his brothers in prison for three days. Then sent them on, sacks full and price unpaid. Jesus paid the price for me in the prison of the tomb those three days. Jesus sends me on day after day, price unpaid by me, grain sacks full of blessing to serve Him in His Kingdom. Day after day, price paid by His death. In Jesus my eyes see the Light in the darkness of my own death and sin. In Jesus my eyes see the Light of salvation prepared in the presence of all peoples on a cross. A Light to the Gentiles, and the glory of all people. In Jesus, in the pre-dawn darkness and the in the Light my heart rejoices in His Holy Name. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, rescue me from my darkness of sin. Forgive me, give me life and send me. My eyes have seen the Light of Your salvation. ---Amen

No comments: