Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February 28th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 8.1-13-Go it shall be done for you as you have believed.
Exodus 39-40-For throughout all the journeys, the cloud of the LORD was on the tabernacle by day, and there was fire in it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel.
Proverbs 18- The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe.
Job 1.1-22-Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD. Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.
---
Our checkbook. A source of money. Well, this one isn't right now. What you can't see is that all the checks are gone. There are only receipts left in this book. Really nothing of value inside.
Jesus told the man to go and his servant would be healed. The man believed and the servant was healed. What was inside this checkbook? The man had faith in Jesus. Jesus had the will to grant healing.
The tabernacle was a glorious sight. Skilled people built each piece of the tent, each piece of furniture and all the clothing for the priests. Skilled people built all the worship ornaments. What was inside this checkbook? God in a cloud by day and fire at night. God who was present with His people day after day. Leading them and moving with them through their journey in life.
The name of the LORD is a strong tower. What is inside this checkbook? A strong God that we can run to and be safe with.
Job trusted in God. Even when Job had lost all, he did not sin or blame God. What was in Job's checkbook? Job's real source of treasure was his trust and hope in a saving Father.
My checkbook doesn't need riches. God provides all the riches I will ever need in life. I must look inside my checkbook and see the Word. Look inside the Word and see Jesus' saving grace. That's the riches. Riches that are all wrapped up and in my Lord and Savior. Now that's the real treasure. Jesus, a treasure much greater than silver or gold. Go ahead, open the Book and see!
---
Lord, open your Word to me this day and show me the real Treasure inside. I believe! ---Amen

No comments: