Friday, February 16, 2007

February 16th Daily Word and Visions from God

February 16th Daily Word and Visions from God


Hebrews 11.22-40-By faith…
Exodus 15-For the horses of Pharaoh with his chariots and his horsemen went into the sea, and the LORD brought back the waters of the sea on them but the sons of Israel walked on dry land through the midst of the sea.
Proverbs 6.1-7.5-Bind them continually on your heart; tie them around your neck.
Psalm 99-Exalt the LORD our God…

What is this? It’s purple and looks all curly. What is it? It’s a scarf. Maybe you could think of it as a mantle. A covering to keep your neck warm in cold weather. I need faith to keep warm in the cold weather of life. All Christians walk by faith. Walk by faith with Jesus in life. Walk by faith on the dry ground of the Red Sea and pass into the wilderness. What is going to happen? What is this? This is life with God. Life that, like my baptism, leads me through the waters. As my “pharaoh’s of sin” are buried in the water behind me, I step into the wilderness of life. I step into the wilderness of life and learn about the great gift of faith God has freely given me in those waters I just passed through. I learn of faith and the gifts of the Spirit. I learn of forgiveness and salvation. I learn and believe and give my life to God in a corporate relationship with His Church and in a personal relationship with my companion, friend, and Savior, Jesus. I learn His law and bind them around my neck like this scarf. Turn to His Word day after day and learn what God has to say about my life each and every day. Like this scarf wrapped around my neck for warmth, I turn to God’s Word made flesh each day and follow Jesus my Savior. In the response, I exalt God. I raise the name of Jesus high. Raise his name in exaltation to the world and proclaim His glory. No, this isn’t really my purple scarf. But the passionate purple love of my Savior is tightly wrapped around my neck day after day. Thanks be to God!

Lord, I exalt you name and glory this day to the world. Wrap yourself around my neck and remind me all the day of your saving glory and grace. ---Amen

No comments: